Troglodyte In Underbelly: Git Issues
Troglodyte In Underbelly: Git Issues
This week, while adding some of the prefabs I created and the new Oasis 2.0 map, I encountered some issues related to Git. This was similar to one of the issues my teammate was having last week related to file size. The House map, for some reason, went from 6 MB to more than 600 MB. I had used the map to test the prefabs and then deleted them at a later commit, but for some reason, the map file size was huge. Later on, I was able to fix the file size (This was because somehow the map rebuilt itself using Global Illumination On in the terrain settings, so I just had to turn that off). But even after fixing the file size, it was complaining about it being too big. I figured this was because past commits still had that issue, so I looked into it.
I tried some solutions suggested by people, but nothing seemed to work. In the end, this resulted in both the Main Map and the House map having a duplicate index, which was throwing an error that would not even allow me to open either map. The solution was to just dump the entire local repository and load it back from my branch. After that, I just had to do the retouches and revert a floating commit that said something about restructuring the tree. After that, I was able to push with no issues. Of course this was done after testing that everything was in order and that no errors would be pushed on my side.

Comments
Post a Comment