Troglodyte In The Underbelly: Resolving Color Indication for Stamina
Author: Shemaiah Nelson
Date: 12-12-2023
During this week's development phase, one of the critical issues I encountered was related to accurately setting the colors of the radial stamina bar. The stamina bar serves as a visual indicator for players, displaying their remaining stamina level. However, the challenge in assigning appropriate colors to represent different stamina levels. At 100% to 90%, the bar should display blue, switching to purple between 89% and 70%, switching to green from 69% to 40%, and finally red from 39% to 0%.
To address this issue, I initially reviewed the code responsible for the stamina bar colors. I noticed that the previous code lacked a systematic method to accurately change the colors based on specific stamina ranges. Therefore, I implemented a conditional color-changing algorithm that mapped stamina percentages to their corresponding colors. Utilizing this algorithm, I created a function that changes the color of the stamina bar based on the player's current stamina level. This was achieved by setting up if-else conditions that directly correlated stamina percentages with the appropriate color representation. As a result, players now visually perceive their stamina levels more intuitively, improving gameplay feedback to the overall user player.
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment