Troglodyte in Underbelly: Chunks and Terrains
Troglodyte in Underbelly: Chunks and Terrains
While working on the new tutorial map, once again, I had to use the tools Digger. This was my second time using this tool. Very convenient to create quick caves and mountains. I decided to spend more time planning on the sections of this cave that would start the player in a tight branch of the cave to familiarize themselves with the controllers (WASD, mouse, jump, crouch, and prone). Then, the branch will open to the main cave with a more freestyle tutorial where they can move around the cave to different areas with some of the basics (Enemies, materials, and crafting). After some hours of work and scripting a sign, I had a decent map for a tutorial to showcase in this week's milestone.
The issue starts when doing the last checks before getting everything to the development branch. I noticed a single error but opted to help one of my teammates who had issues with the other map I created. After finishing, I go back to the error, which basically shows that I'm missing the terrain. After some time trying to figure out how to get it working, the map just disappears, and so far, I haven't found a way to get it back.
I have all the information about chunks and materials (This was the problem my teammate had with the first map I created; I forgot to put that into Git). The map is just blank. I'm thinking about closing my branch and starting fresh, copying the folder, and trying to salvage it that way. If, in the end, it doesn't work, I'll have to start from scratch, but I hope I can use the chunks to rebuild the map.
Comments
Post a Comment