Troglodyte In Underbelly: Control UI

 Author: Shemaiah Nelson

Posted on: 2/13/24

During this week's development, I encountered a significant hurdle while working on the control UI for our game "Troglodyte In Underbelly." Specifically, I struggled to implement a feature that would allow players to rebind their controls to their preference. This limitation posed a considerable challenge as it directly impacted the accessibility and customization options available to players. Without the ability to rebind controls, users with unique preferences or accessibility needs were left frustrated and unable to fully enjoy the game experience. Addressing this issue became crucial to ensure inclusivity and satisfaction among our player base.


After extensive research and experimentation, I found a viable solution to the control UI challenge in our game "Troglodyte In Underbelly." Utilizing Unity's sample input system rebind, available for download, proved to be the breakthrough we needed. This robust tool provided the framework necessary to implement control rebinding seamlessly within our game. By integrating this solution, players could now customize their controls to suit their preferences, enhancing accessibility and user satisfaction. While implementing the solution, I encountered a minor issue where certain words were inadvertently included on the buttons, causing confusion among players. However, with careful debugging and adjustments to the UI text display, I was able to swiftly resolve this bug. Overall, the adoption of Unity's input system rebind significantly improved the user experience, empowering players to tailor their gameplay experience to their individual needs and preferences.


The word "Press" shouldn't be included


After fix






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Troglodyte In Underbelly: Git Issues