Troglodyte in Underbelly: Radial Menu
Troglodyte in Underbelly: Radial Menu
I haven't sold the idea to my teammates yet, but I wanted to add a Radial Menu. This is only if we are going to be done with significant stuff that still needs to be added or if we could use it to get a different UI in something else, like our quick bar. In any case, this week, I decided to better have it on a different project because when I came up with this idea, it was way too close to the build deadline, so I decided to not add anything else until everything was set. So far, I got it working, but I still need to polish some of the math used to rotate my objects because when trying to select, it changes really fast or not to the expected slot. I also need to combine it with a mouse function because right now, the way you select something is by pressing left or right once the menu is open. I have an idea of how to fix this bug but I don't really know where to start with the mouse functionality. If that doesn't work or is just not practical, I could just add that in order to use this menu, you need to keep a button pressed and then move with arrows, kind of like a quick menu to access something important. In any case, this right now is in a separate project like I said, and once I'm sure that is good.

Comments
Post a Comment