Troglodyte in Underbelly: UI resizing
Author: Shemaiah Nelson
Date: 2/28/2024
This week I was tasked with resizing all the UI elements within the UI container prefab to scale up to 1920 by 1080 resolution in our game "Troglodyte In Underbelly." While striving to enhance the visual fidelity and compatibility of our UI across different screen sizes, I encountered two major obstacles. Firstly, I confronted a corrupted font file, disrupting the consistency and legibility of text elements within the UI. This setback not only compromised the aesthetic appeal of our game but also hindered communication with players, impacting their overall understanding and engagement. Additionally, I faced difficulty pushing my changes to the main development branch, resulting in the loss of progress and the need to redo my work. This unforeseen technical issue not only consumed valuable time and resources but also disrupted the momentum of our development cycle, delaying progress on other essential tasks. These challenges underscored the critical importance of meticulous planning and robust version control practices in ensuring the smooth execution of development tasks and maintaining project integrity. Addressing these issues promptly became paramount to safeguarding the quality and timely delivery of our game to players.
To overcome the hurdles encountered during the resizing of UI elements in our game "Troglodyte In Underbelly," I adopted a pragmatic approach to resolve the issues efficiently. Firstly, I tackled the corrupted font file by replacing it with a backup or an alternative font resource. This ensured the restoration of text legibility and consistency within the UI, preserving the visual integrity of our game. Next, to address the challenge of pushing changes to the main development branch, I opted to work directly within the development branch itself. By leveraging my current progress and integrating it into the development branch, I circumvented the need to restart my work for the third time. This streamlined approach not only saved time and effort but also mitigated the risk of further delays in our development timeline.
Comments
Post a Comment